Sunday, March 29, 2009

Quiet Sunday

It's been a nice quiet day so far today. Hubby is sleeping as he worked from 6pm last night to 6am this morning. Keith is still asleep. The poor thing has had a severe case of the flu this past week. He has been running a high fever, had an extremely sore throat, and all the other symptoms that go along with the flu. What is so sad is the kids have been out of school for Spring Break and he has had to spend his in the bed sick. His fever is gone now, but he still has a bad cough and he says his throat is still a little sore, but last night I could tell he is feeling much better. He got on the scale and he has lost almost 10 pounds this week!

Poor Tara has had a severe sinus infections with some flu symptoms thrown in there. So it has been a bummer of a Spring Break for her, too. She has always had problems with her sinuses and suffers from infections quiet often. It is the time of year of sinus problems. All the flowers are in bloom and the pollen is all over the place! My car has been looking yellow instead of cherry! At least it stormed for a couple days and washed some of the pollen away.

Then on Friday, Amber started complaining with a sore throat and running a low fever! So I ran and got her some flu medicine after work on Friday. She hasn't felt too good all weekend, but she doesn't seem to be getting any sicker. This is a good thing as she starts her new job at Wal-Mart on Tuesday!

I just think God hubby and me have not gotten sick. It was also good that hubby was on his 7 off from work last week and able to take care of Keith and Tara for me during the day while I was at work.

Now that I've told you about all the sickness in my house I will show you some lovely pictures of the flowers in bloom here. I love it when Spring arrives and all the flowers start to bloom.

This is a picture of the Wisteria that grows over my neighbors fence. I love Wisteria.
They have such a beautiful color and they smell so sweet. When I was younger I used to have an artificial wisteria blossom that I wore in my hair sometimes. I used to love to wear flowers in my hair when I was a senior in high school and a few years after high school. I probably still would wear them sometimes but hubby would probably tell me they looked strange!
These next pictures are ones that hubby's sister took. She came from Arizona last weekend to visit. She was staying in Pensacola with some relatives and they all drove up here on Sunday afternoon to visit hubby and the kids and a lot of their relatives that live about 40 or 50 miles from here. I didn't get to go with them up to the country to visit relatives as they went on Monday when I was at work. But my sister-in-law took lots of pictures and hubby downloaded them onto my computer. When I saw these beautiful ones I just knew I had to put them on my blog. I have been meaning to take pictures of some more of the flowers around here. But just haven't taken the time.

These first two pictures are close ups of Dogwood blossoms. The dogwood trees around here have been simply beautiful! We were coming home from church a couple Sunday's ago and talking about how beautiful they were as we were going past several trees.

This is creek that runs behind hubby's uncles home. Isn't it beautiful?! My kids have been fishing in that creek many times.
I'm not sure where this street is. It could be in Pensacola. But I just love the way the trees go over the streets. Our two main streets here in Jackson used to be like this but they cut the trees back because of the power lines. It makes me sad.
I think this is beautiful with the Dogwood tree, Azaleas, and other flowers and the old house.
Here are some huge Azalea bushes. We have tons of beautiful Azalea bushes around here.

And I just love this butterfly on this Honeysuckle bush! Is it not fantastic! The smell of honeysuckles is divine! This is a bush like my mother used to have. There will be wild ones blooming soon across the road from my house and they are yellow. When they bloom you can step out the door and smell the sweet scent of them! I just love it!
That is all the pictures I have today. Hopefully I will have more to share soon. Right now I think I am going to get off this computer, as my upper back is hurting so badly sitting in this chair. I think I will go finish reading my book since hubby is sleeping. It is called "Rebecca's Reward" by Laurine Snelling. I just love her books!

5 comments:

Samantha said...

I love your photos- they make me look forward to spring here (I am in NJ, so we have a few more weeks before things really start to bloom). I was just telling my husband last night that I can't wait for the honeysuckle to come out- I just love the fragrance and look forward to it every year!

em's scrapbag said...

Beautiful spring flowers. You saw what my spring is looking like. Not very springy. Hope everyone is feeling better at your house.

Colorfuldayz said...

Even though we live out west now, a lot of my life has been spent living in different areas of the southeast. I don't miss the heat, humidity, bugs, or pollen (or a few other things that I won't list!), but I do miss the azaleas, wisteria and camelias in the spring. Thanks for posting the pics!

Sassy said...

Beautiful flowers!! Glad Keith is feeling better. Hope no one else gets the flu. DO NOT send it down here to me!! LOL!! Love ya!

shelia said...

ohhhh so lovely...the wisteria and the honeysuckle. I don't think i've ever seen it pink. just beautiful...i LOVE spring :)