Tuesday, March 24, 2009

New Purse

Although the bag I made and showed in a previous post turned out beautiful, it was just too big for an everyday purse. So I decided to save it and use it for a tote bag when needed. Sunday afternoon I made this purse. I had bought this fabric on a trip to Mobile at Joann's there. I loved the large flowers on it. I thought it would be perfect for a purse. Hubby agreed with me. I showed him the flowered fabric and the fabric for the lining and the fabric for the pockets. I happened to have the last two fabrics in my stash.
Here is a picture of the whole purse. The lighting is not great. I think it is too bright or something. It does not do justice to the colors in the fabrics.
Here is a close-up of the front of the bag. I put an outside pocket on it. I love to have a large outside pocket to hold papers.

This is the back of the bag. I think it would have been really beautiful if I had taken the time to outline the flowers and veins in the flowers with embroidery floss, but I was in a hurry to get it made so I could use it on Monday.
Here is the inside lining and pockets. As you can see it is already full of stuff! I have lots of little pouches in it that I keep certain things in, like my pictures, check book, address book, stamps, etc. I just like to keep everything nice and neat. I also put a zipper in this purse as I am bad about letting my purse fall off my car seat and everything spills out of it. I had a really hard time with the zipper. I really don't like putting in zippers. I broke two sewing machine needles on it!
I really am happy with the way my purse turned out. It is just the right size!

No comments: