Saturday, March 14, 2009

Cleaning out my closet

Last Sunday I decided to clean out my closet some. Here is a picture of some of the stuff on my bed that I took out of my closet to organize. I tell people that I would rather spend my money on fabric then clothes so my closet is mostly filled with fabric, trims, and other sewing supplies.
This is part of the top shelf of before.
This is the other side of the top shelf before.
This is my tool box which is full of sewing tools and supplies!
Here is the side of my closet with my tool box in it after I reorganized it. Some people may say it doesn't look much different, but to me it is! Things are easier to get to now. I really need a sewing room with lots of shelves to put all this stuff on and then it would be even easier to get to stuff!
Here is the other side of my closet after I organized it. Notice my few clothes. Half of the are the scrubs I wear to work.
The totes under my clothes all have fabric in them. My clothes end about even with the door frame. There is about a two foot beyond my clothes to the right and there are totes stacked from floor up to the shelf there.
I found this beauty in my closet. It is my mother's portable typewriter. I remember my mama typing quite often on it when I was young.
I don't know exactly how old it is, but I would guess at least 35 or 40 years old. I just love it! It is in excellent condition and still in it's original case.

No comments: