Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sweet daughter & friend's quilt

My daughter, Amber, is so sweet. Look at the lovely journal she sent to me! She also sent me some watercolor pencils. She and I are going to start journaling together and post pictures of our journal pages so we can each see the others! This is a really nice journal with nice thick pages.
This is my first attempt at journaling. I am afraid it is not very good. I learned that I should have used the watercolor pencils first and then did the pasting and writing. Consequently a couple of my pictures got messed up and my writing smeared. Oh well, live and learn is what I always say. I still think my mama looks beautiful in the pages.
The next two pictures are of my 86 year old friend, Mrs. Anderson, holding up the quilt that she embroidered and hand quilted and that I put together for her. I posted about it in an earlier post. Sorry my pictures are so dark. I contacted Nikon about it and they said that my camera does not have a very powerful flash. So I would not recommend anyone getting a Nikon Coolpix S5 camera. It does fine outside, but awful inside. As soon as I can I will be getting a new camera with a better flash. I am checking cameras out on line this time and reading all the reviews that people post who have different cameras. If anyone has a really great point and shoot camera that makes really great indoor pictures, please let me know. I don't want to mess up and get a lowsey camera again.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

It's great that you've starting journaling- another one of those things on my "to do" list.
As for the quilt, well, what can I say- It's really incredible, I can't imagine how many hours of work went into it. I so admire people who are able to commit and complete a project of that size.