Monday, August 4, 2008

More 5" Fabric Charms & stuff in the mail!

This past weekend was nice. The kids left on Friday for a church trip to Six Flags. The hubby took me out to eat at our local steak house on Friday night. Of course I spent all day Saturday grocery shopping, doing laundry, and cleaning! What fun! I did cut out a little goldfish bag Saturday night. It was out of my very first Kumkio Sudo book called Omiyage. I think this is my most favorite of all her books. I have made the most things out of it. I am planning to make a few more things and get my Etsy shop up and running again. I haven't put anything in it in forever and so right now there is nothing there. I got my goldfish finished last night and will post pictures of it after I take some. This particular goldfish will not be sold as I do not believe in making things on Sunday to sell.
The kids got back Sunday evening from their trip. They had a great time, but were tired. Tara felt like her head was still spinning from all the rides! Keith, who has been having some problems with his back hurting from time to time, said that his back was hurting. I figure it is from the long ride in the church van and from riding all those rides! So things are back to normal. Keith asked me when school started back and I said this Thursday. He just groaned!
I have received more of the 5" Fabric Charm Squares from the swap I am in over at Craftster. They are from bettflow, goatgoddess, and audrey1999. Below are the photos of them in no certain order.



In Friday's mail I received this little acorn bag that I won from Nicole over at craftapalooza. Isn't it the cutest thing? She did a great job crocheting it! She also included this cord with a cute little beaded girl on the end.

This is a close up of the lining. I love this fabric. It makes me think of the fairy tales I read as a child.

Here is a close up of the little girl. Her head looks to be polymer clay and her body is a paper bead. There is another beautiful bead on the other end of the cord.
Thank you so much Nicole for the great gifts!

In Saturday's mail I got this wonderful book from Miss Sandy over at Quill Cottage. It is called Our Family Treasury by Helen Steiner Rice. I have been a big fan of Helen Steiner Rice for years. She writes some of the most beautiful and inspiring poems I have ever read. Miss Sandy also sent me a pen to fill in the book with. Can't wait to get started on it! As most of you know I have really been into doing family research and this book is the perfect thing to write some of it down in. It will be a great keepsake for generations to come. Thank you so much Miss Sandy for thinking of me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey glad you liked it :)

The little doll, I used this pattern.
http://mylittlemochi.typepad.com/my_little_mochi/2008/03/baby-kokeshi-do.html