Friday, August 29, 2008

Baby Booties & Yipee its Friday!!

I am so glad it is Friday and I will be off for 3 whole days! The store where I work is closed on Monday for Labor Day. Maybe I can actually do some sewing this weekend! I really want to get Tara and mine's purses finished.
I have to tell you a funny story about my son, Keith. Keith always waits till late to take a shower each night. I guess I am just old, but I couldn't stay up as late as my kids do and get up and go to school, or in my case work, the next day. Anyway, Keith woke me up night before last and told me he couldn't get the hot water turned off in the tub. He had finished his shower, turned off the shower part so the water was coming out of the faucet instead of the shower head, then tried to turn off the water but the hot water would not turn off. We have been having problems with the hot water handle and hubby has not had time to fix it. So I get up, half asleep, go into the bathroom and tighten the screw on the faucet, but the faucet handle just keeps turning and the water keeps flowing! I'm thinking, what in the world am I going to do? Hubby was at work as he was on nights. Then, I don't know why, but I decided to turn the cold water handle and I turn and turn it till it stops and the water stops flowing! So Keith actually had the hot water turned off it was just the the handle kept turning and that made him think it was still on. He had forgotten that he had not turned off the cold yet! Yesterday morning when hubby got home from work I told him he had to change out that handle on the hot water! So last night I told Keith to go get his shower before I went to sleep in case something happened again! But all was fine.

I guess y'all have heard about the hurricanes or tropical storms coming my way. Well, sorta my way. We get a lot of the rain and wind off of them. I haven't really been watching the weather. I have my own personal weather man (my Dad) sitting in his recliner watching the weather all day long! He keeps me informed about the weather all the time! My hubby says for a man who never goes out of the house he sure worries about the weather a lot! So anyway, my dad hasn't said anything to me about any storms or hurricanes headed to Louisiana. But my daughter, Amber, calls me late last night from her dorm in Louisiana and tells me that there were notes on their dorm doors telling them to do hurricane preparedness and what should she do. So I told her to fill her truck up with gas, get a flashlight, some bottled water and food that she could eat. She asked me what she should do if they are told to evacuate. I told her to go to her uncles house and go with him where ever he goes. So she was gonna call her cousin and tell her to call her if they decided to go somewhere to evacuate. It is so hard having my child so far away and worried about hurricanes. I want all my children close to me when a hurricane is close. Hubby assured me that their is not a hurricane headed towards Louisiana. That they are saying it could come into the Gulf but they don't know yet. And it is only a storm now not a hurricane. I have lived here my whole life and hurricanes have never worried me. We usually don't get much bad weather from them. With Ivan we got the worst we ever have and had a lot of downed trees and some peoples houses were damaged and we were without power for 2 weeks. But now with my child so far away it worries me. I know I just have to pray and put it all in God's hands.

I haven't gotten any sewing done, but I have been getting a few pair of baby booties crocheted. Here are the ones I have finished so far. My pictures are still a little dark. I had emailed someone for some help on this matter. She emailed me back once and asked me some questions. I emailed her the answers but have not heard back from her yet. Hopefully, I will figure out the problem with my camera soon.







No comments: