Friday, July 18, 2008

Green Fairy Wall Hanging

Yeah! It's Friday! Don't know if this is a good thing or not because tomorrow I get to take my two kids to go school shopping! We have to drive 70 miles to the nearest large town as they really do not have what the kids need here in our small town. When the kids were really little I could get most everything here. But now that Keith is 6 foot and has to have khaki pants and wears such a big shoe we have to go somewhere else to find them. And of course Tara cannot just wear regular school pants she has to have name brand ones! So off we will go. I always feel sorry for Keith as he hates going into the girly stores with Tara and me looking for Tara's clothes. I think we will hit the book store first and he can get the books he wants and sit on a bench in the mall and read while we shop! Or he could probably stay in the book store while we shop. Now I know this may sound crazy, after all the boy is 6 foot and about 200 pounds, but I worry about leaving him alone in a store! He is after all still only 14. Of course he does have his cell phone to call me should he need me. I have always been a very over protective mother. My kids have told me this on more than one occasion. I can't help it. It's in my blood!
The good thing about going school shopping is I get to go to the fabric store while I am there!!! That's my favorite part. Of course my kids don't care for going there. Oh well, they will have to endure since I have to endure all the other shopping. I hate shopping for clothes.
Below are two pictures of my Green Fairy Wall Hanging. One of the whole thing and one of a close up of just the fairy. If you remember from a few posts back I made a hussif with a photo of myself in the Green Fairy costume. I was in a play about Rumplestiltskin when I was 7 years old.
Hope y'all have a great weekend!

No comments: