Thursday, May 29, 2008

New beginnings

This is me and my best friend. We have been best friends for the past 11 years. It seems like a lifetime. She has been there for me through so many heartaches and so many happy times. I have been there for her through all her heartaches and her happy times. We talk on the phone to each other at least 10 times or more a day! Now she is moving to Minnesota. I am happy for her. She reconnected with her childhood sweetheart, her very first boyfriend! And they got married in March. She waited until her daughter got out of school this week to move to Minnesota. She left this morning. My daughter and I went over to tell them goodbye yesterday after I got off work. It took a lot for me not to break down and cry. When I got home I cried.
I know that we will still talk on the phone all the time, but it is so upsetting knowing she is not just down the road. Since we met we have always lived very close to each other. To begin with she lived directly across from me in an apartment complex. When she moved into a house I rented the house across the street! Then she bought a house and I moved into one I inherited from my mother. Even then we lived less than a mile apart. I only want the best for her, but I sure am gonna miss her!
Above is the truck she rented. They told her it would hold all her household. Well, she had to go back and rent a trailer to pull behind it! And still there were a few things she had to leave behind. One there important thing she had to leave was her son. He is 18 now and just graduated high school. She didn't want to have to leave him, but he didn't want to go. I just talked to her and she said she cried and cried this morning leaving him. I know it was hard.

No comments: